Tracking Technologies in Health Care
Women Business Leaders of the U.S. Health Care Industry Foundation
Date: April 4, 2023
Time: 1:00PM - 2:00PM (EST)
Location: Online Event
Mintz attorneys Kathryn Edgerton, Kate Stewart and Cassie Paolillo will be leading a WBL webinar focused on Tracking Technologies in Health Care. The session will cover:
- What are Tracking Technologies?
- How is health information collected and disclosed through the use of Tracking Technologies?
- When do privacy laws apply to health-related information that is collected or can be inferred through the use of Tracking Technologies, and which laws apply?
- How have state and federal agencies moved to close the gap between HIPAA and other privacy protections?
- What should be done next in order to avoid unauthorized disclosures of health information?
Kathryn F. Edgerton
Kathryn F. Edgerton is a Member at Mintz and a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP-US) who advises hospitals and other health-related organizations on a broad range of transactional, regulatory, and strategic issues. Her clients include physician organizations, long-term and behavioral health providers, telemedicine providers, home health providers, and medical spas.
Cassandra L. Paolillo
Cassandra L. Paolillo is an Associate at Mintz whose practice involves advising health care clients on transactional and regulatory matters, including mergers and acquisitions, regulatory compliance, and general contracting. Cassie primarily works with providers and payors.
Kate F. Stewart
Kate F. Stewart is Of Counsel at Mintz and a former in-house counsel who focuses on legal issues affecting health care clients, including digital health and privacy regulations, clinical trial compliance, and transactions for for-profit and nonprofit clients. She represents traditional health care providers, payors, and digital health start-ups.