- Represented a Fortune 250 company that is a leading provider of kidney care and the country's largest operator of physician networks in hundreds of acquisitions, sales, and joint ventures nationwide.
- Advised one of the world's leading hospitals on a full range of hospital physician peer review matters including National Practitioner Data Bank reports, state protections under peer review laws, and internal physician disciplinary matters.
- Advised an oncology services provider that operates radiation therapy centers and ambulatory surgery facilities across the country in forming contractual arrangements with a nonprofit, multispecialty medical group, providing care across eastern Massachusetts, and a large physicians' organization.
- Represented a large hospital system in connection with its telehealth initiatives and related corporate structuring issues. Our work included setting up a physician organization and qualifying that organization to provide services in multiple states.
- Represented one of the nation’s largest providers of outsourced physician services, in connection with its acquisition of a company that manages and staffs emergency medicine and hospital medicine programs in four states.
- Advised University Physicians, Inc., a physician group organized by six Rhode Island-based, tax-exempt faculty practice plans at the Warren Alpert School of Medicine of Brown University (SOM) and Rhode Island Hospital, with respect to an affiliation agreement with a new unifying entity, Brown Physicians, Inc. (BPI).
Mintz has been lead transaction counsel for a large radiology group practice since its April 2013 inception, including for major acquisitions in Texas, Arizona, California, and Louisiana. Mintz has also led debt and equity refinancings for the client totaling more than $1 billion in capital.
Mintz helped University Physicians, Inc. practice plans that serve the Warren Alpert School of Medicine of Brown University (SOM) and Rhode Island Hospital reorganize as Brown Physicians, Inc. (BPI). The affiliation created a close relationship among SOM, BPI, and the six faculty practice plans.
Mintz is helping a university and its medical school analyze its relationships with its affiliated academic faculty practice plan and teaching hospital. Mintz attorneys are counseling the parties on ways to structure their contractual arrangements to ensure compliance with the Stark Law.