Ran, Chair of the firm’s Israel Practice, represents public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions, venture capital, and private equity financing transactions, as well as in technology licensing and large-scale outsourcing transactions. Ran counsels clients in telecommunications, software, healthcare IT, financial services, and various other industries.
Ran's focus is on the structuring, negotiating, and drafting of private and public merger, acquisition, and private equity transactions, as well as large-scale domestic and cross-border IT and outsourcing transactions. Frequently, Ran represents clients in transactions that require the attention of extensive multi-disciplinary teams of Mintz attorneys. Ran represents leading financial services institutions in transactions where our clients outsource core, regulated business functions to industry-leading vendors. Ran also represents software and IT services providers in transactions for the development, commercialization and licensing of IT platforms to enterprise customers through various structures. From the initial RFP stages through execution of contracts, implementation and transition, Ran provides structuring and business advice as well as legal advice.
Ran also provides advice to US clients and attorneys on matters involving Israeli issuers, buyers, and sellers, and trends and resources relevant to US participants in Israel's venture capital and high-technology industry.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Biolog-id, a digital health solution provider focusing on value-chain optimization, in its proposed business combination valuing Biolog-id at $312M, with the SPAC, Genesis Growth Tech Acquisition Corp. (Nasdaq: GGAA)
- Hyperfine, Inc. (Nasdaq: HYPR) business combination, valued at $580 million, with Liminal Sciences and the SPAC, HealthCor Catalio Acquisition Corp.
- The Metals Company’s (Nasdaq: TMC), formerly DeepGreen Metals, $2.9 billion business combination with the SPAC, Sustainable Opportunities Acquisition Corporation
- Optum’s proposed acquisition of Atrius Health
- Quantum-SI’s (Nasdaq: QSI) business combination, valued at $1.46 billion, with the SPAC, HighCape Capital Acquisition Corp.
- Butterfly Network’s (NYSE: BFLY) $1.5 billion business combination with the SPAC, Longview Acquisition Corp.
- QIAGEN in its proposed $12.5 billion sale to Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Represented Dassault Systèmes in its $425 million acquisition of IQMS, Inc.
- Brooks Automation’s approximately $450 million purchase of genomics service provider Genewiz Group
- John Hancock Financial Network’s sale of Signator Investors to Advisor Group
- Connance’s sale to Waystar Health
- Optum’s purchase of Reliant Medical Group
- Princeton Lightwave's sale to Argo AI, a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company
- John Hancock Financial Network’s purchase of Symetra Investment Services
- C&S Wholesale Grocers’ purchase of the assets of Associated Wholesalers
- C&S Wholesale Grocers’ purchase of the assets of Davidson Co., Inc.
- John Hancock Financial Network’s purchase of the assets of Transamerica Financial Advisors
- Naurex’s sale to Allergan
- Leerink Swann’s sale of the assets of Leerink Swann Consulting to NCI Healthcare
- Humedica's sale to UnitedHealth Group
- Piramal Healthcare Limited's $635 million purchase of Decision Resources Group
- iMDsoft’s $60 million sale to TPG
- Merger of Arbinet Corporation with Primus Telecommunications
- Management buyout of private equity-backed printing company
- Sale of software company to large strategic buyer
Licensing and Outsourcing
- Representing leading robotic systems developers for automated fulfillment in retail, eCommerce, and logistics industries in complex, multi-year sales, deployment and maintenance relationships
- Represented a Health IT software provider in licensing a core platform to a Fortune 20 customer to support a new line of business
- Represented client in a software platform integration agreement with a worldwide leading software and services integrator
- Represented large fund company in enterprise-wide fund administration outsourcing agreement with a leading provider
- Represented large financial institution in the outsourcing of a critical, regulatory business function to an industry-leading service provider
- Represented large financial institution in the simultaneous outsourcing of two core regulated business functions to an industry-leading service provider
News & Press
- Member, Israeli Bar Association
- Member, New York Bar Association