Macklin is an associate who handles a range of complex commercial litigation and business disputes across a variety of industries, including life sciences and biotech—with an emphasis on intricate contract disputes and consumer fraud claims. He has experience in state and federal courts and has represented clients in a number of hearings. Macklin also has experience across an array of different types of cases, ranging from standard actions between individual parties to more complex class actions and multidistrict litigation. He has deep experience with drafting motions and oppositions, meeting and conferring with opposing counsel, and preparing clients for deposition. Macklin is also skilled in ESI discovery, strategy and coordination.
Prior to joining Mintz, Macklin clerked for the Honorable Michael M. Anello of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California. While in law school, Macklin served as Editor-in-Chief of the San Diego Law Review; wrote a published journal article on the economic implications of the First Amendment; worked as a teaching assistant for Legal Writing & Research; and externed for a United States District Court judge, a California Superior Court judge, and the U.S. Attorney’s Office.
In addition to his practice, Macklin is an adjunct law professor at the University of San Diego School of Law, where he teaches a course on law journal editing and research.
Recognition & Awards
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Comparative Constitutional Law (2019)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Constitutional Law II (2018)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Legal Writing & Research II (2017)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award: Legal Writing & Research I (2016)
- Mentor, Business Law Society Lattes with Lawyers Program, USD School of Law (2020 - present)
- Associate, Hon. William B. Enright Inn of Court (2020-2022)
- Member, Federal Bar Association (2021)