Frank is based in our Washington, DC office and is Senior Vice President of ML Strategies.
Prior to joining the firm, Frank represented New Hampshire’s 1st congressional district in the US House of Representatives. He served for two nonconsecutive terms, from 2011 to 2013 and from 2015 to 2017. During his time in Congress, Frank served on several House committees. During his most recent term, he was a member of the Committee on Financial Services and served on its Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit as well as its Monetary Policy and Trade sub-committees. Previously he served on the Committee on the Budget, the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, and the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure.
Frank was also co-founder and co-chair of the House’s Bipartisan Task Force to Combat the Heroin Epidemic, which successfully pushed for the passage of legislation that became part of the Comprehensive Addiction and Recovery Act (CARA). He is currently a member of the National Advisory Board of the Addiction Policy Forum, a partnership of organizations, policymakers, and stakeholders committed to increasing addiction awareness and improving national policies.
In 2005, Frank defeated a three-time incumbent to become mayor of Manchester, New Hampshire, the state’s largest city. At the time of his election, Frank was Manchester’s youngest mayor in over 100 years. He is credited with introducing community policing policies that helped control crime in the city, and with reducing taxes. In 2007, he was elected to a second term. During Frank’s tenure, Manchester was cited by several national publications for its recession-busting economic development, responsible fiscal philosophy, and favorable quality of life.
Prior to becoming mayor of Manchester, Frank was senior policy advisor to US Congressman Jeb Bradley. From 2000 to 2004, he served in the New Hampshire House of Representatives. Earlier he was elected to serve on Manchester’s Board of Aldermen, where he represented Ward 3. Frank also had a successful career in the insurance industry, and ran his own insurance consulting firm.
August 19, 2021 | Blog
March 18, 2021 | Blog | By Frank C. Guinta, Anthony DeMaio
March 16, 2020 | Alert | By Alexander Hecht, Frank C. Guinta, Christian Tamotsu Fjeld, R. Neal Martin, Anthony DeMaio
August 21, 2019 | Alert | By Frank C. Guinta, Christian Tamotsu Fjeld, Stephen J. Silveira, R. Neal Martin
August 28, 2018 | Alert | By Alexander Hecht, R. Neal Martin
Events & Speaking
ML Strategies Webinar
View the Discussion Recording
Mintz and ML Strategies
Recognition & Awards
- Chamber of Commerce, Spirit of Enterprise Award
- NFIB, Guardian of Small Business
- ABC, Legislator of the Year
- Healthcare Leadership Council, Champion of Healthcare Innovation
- National Association of Community Health Centers, Distinguished Community Health Advocate Award
- Change Direction NH, Champion of Mental Health
- National Association of Police Organizations, Outstanding Support of American Law Enforcement Award
- Association of Mature American Citizens, Friend of AMAC Award
- National Retail Federation, Hero of Main Street Award
- Bi-State Primary Care Association, Community Health Center Champion Award
- The Humane Society of the United States, Legislative Leader Award
- Member, National Advisory Board, Addiction Policy Forum (2017 – Present)
- Chairman, IBC-NH Independent Business Council (2013 – 2014)