Farrah advises on all aspects of antitrust and competition law, including merger review, competitor collaborations, government investigations, private class action litigation, and general antitrust compliance.
Farrah specializes in counseling clients through the Hart-Scott-Rodino (HSR) merger review process at the U.S. Federal Trade Commission and the U.S. Department of Justice, including responding to Second Requests and providing substantive antitrust risk analysis for strategic acquisitions. She has obtained antitrust clearance for major, multi-billion dollar transactions in a variety of industries. Farrah also regularly advises on HSR reporting triggers for securities investors and provides strategic advice for non-reportable transactions with significant competitive implications.
She also has significant experience counseling clients on a wide range of other antitrust compliance issues, including information exchanges, competitor collaborations, joint ventures, licensing deals, exclusive dealings, and the creation of internal antitrust compliance programs. In addition, Farrah represents clients in state antitrust investigations, and provides guidance on navigating ex-U.S. merger control requirements.
Outside of her antitrust practice, Farrah serves as chief outside counsel to the National Network to End Domestic Violence. She also actively supports the firm’s pro bono program, representing indigent clients in immigration matters, including successful asylum and U visa applications. She previously served as chief outside counsel for a nonprofit that provides need-based education scholarships for the families of U.S. military personnel.
Prior to her legal career, Farrah was a program associate for the launch of the Women and Public Policy Program at Harvard’s Kennedy School.
- Served as antitrust counsel to one of the largest American retail pharmacies. Our team represented the corporation in its transactions, litigation, and other matters before both state and federal antitrust authorities.
- Represented one of the nation’s leading hospital and physicians networks in connection with its acquisitions of three community hospitals and a large physician group.
- Represented a market leading producer and distributor of environmentally-safe household products in its acquisition by another transnational consumer goods company.
- Represented a leading provider of sample and assay technologies in the antitrust aspects of its $1.5 billion acquisition of another life sciences company.
- Served as antitrust counsel for a hospital in its merger with another medical center.
- Served as antitrust counsel for a leading provider of sample and assay technologies, and are currently involved in counseling and representing the company in merger and acquisition activities.
January 24, 2023 | Alert | By Bruce Sokler, Robert Kidwell, Farrah Short
New Law Hikes HSR Merger Filing Fees for Large Deals and Imposes Foreign Subsidy Disclosure Requirement
January 3, 2023 | Alert | By Bruce Sokler, Joseph Miller, Robert Kidwell, Farrah Short
August 18, 2022 | Alert | By Bruce Sokler, Joseph Miller, Farrah Short
August 8, 2022 | Blog | By Bruce Sokler, Farrah Short
January 24, 2022 | Alert | By Bruce Sokler, Robert Kidwell, Farrah Short
January 19, 2022 | Blog | By Bruce Sokler, Joseph Miller, Robert Kidwell, Farrah Short
December 27, 2021 | Blog | By Bruce Sokler, Farrah Short
October 7, 2021 | Webinar | By Robert Kidwell, Joseph Miller, Farrah Short, Bruce Sokler
March 31, 2021 | Blog | By Bruce Sokler, Farrah Short
News & Press
October 22, 2021
February 1, 2019
March 19, 2018
September 19, 2017
Mintz Named Top Firm in Energy and Eleven Attorneys Featured in JD Supra’s 2017 Reader’s Choice Awards
March 20, 2017
January 24, 2017
October 27, 2016
October 18, 2016
August 10, 2016
March 24, 2016
February 9, 2016
Events & Speaking
New York, NY
Recognition & Awards
- Washington D.C. Super Lawyers: Rising Star - Antitrust Litigation (2015)
- City Year Idealist of the Year (2015)