- Represented Cambrian Innovation, a commercial provider of distributed wastewater treatment and resource recovery solutions, in a project financing facility. This was a unique arrangement in which Cambrian’s financing partner could finance the construction and operation of a series of Cambrian's wastewater treatment facilities.
- Serve as general counsel to HydroPoint Data Systems, the market and technology leader in Smart Water Management, on general corporate and employment matters; Mintz has also completed several financing rounds led by prominent clean technology venture capital investors.
- Represented Gradiant Corporation, an industrial water recovery solutions company, in its Series A and Series B financings.
- Represented WAVE Equity Partners, a venture capital and private equity firm that invests in emerging market leaders in the energy, food, and water industries, in their investment in a tankless water heater company focused on residential, commercial, and industrial applications.
- Represented True North Venture Partners in their investments in BCR Environmental, a wastewater treatment company with technologies that convert organic waste streams into products.
- Represented Seventh Generation, one of the nation's leading green brands, in its acquisition of Move Collective and their subsidiaries Pure Water Global and Move Collective Direct.
- Served as counsel to RockPort Capital Partners in their $19 million series C private equity financing of HydroPoint Data Systems, the market and technology leader in Smart Water Management.
- Represented Oasys Water, the leading provider of integrated forward osmosis systems for high recovery desalination, in the financing and licensing framework, agreement, and joint development agreement with a Chinese investor and for a Chinese license.
- Represented Natural Systems Utilities, an emerging national leader in water reclamation and reuse innovation, in a Series D financing.
- Represented HydroPoint Data Systems, the market and technology leader in smart water management, in its acquisition of Baseline Irrigation Solutions.
- Represented Cambrian Innovation, a commercial provider of distributed wastewater treatment and resource recovery solutions, in its Series B financing.
- Represented Gradiant Corporation, an industrial wastewater treatment and desalination provider, in establishing a standalone oilfield services company with Turnbridge Capital.
- Develop and implement IP strategy for start-up developing water-based technologies for filtration, desalination, and energy applications.
- Defended HydroPoint Data Systems, the market and technology leader in smart water management, and its new employee against allegations of breach of a non-compete restriction. Plaintiff filed suit in Pennsylvania against our client and moved for an immediate temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction. The litigation was dismissed for lack of jurisdiction and the court also denied the TRO and injunction, leading the parties to what amounted to a walk-away settlement and dismissal of both the California and Pennsylvania actions. - UgMO Technologies v. HydroPoint Data Systems, 2013-10146 (Pa. Ct. of Common Pleas)
Mintz advises Cambrian Innovation on venture capital funding, general corporate matters, project finance, employment matters, and more — leveraging exceptional industry insight, start-up experience, and innovative thinking.